Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Some Interesting characters @ college

During one of the night-studies at around 1’ O clock, “We will study the theory till 3’O clock, and then revise till 3:30. We will look at the problems till 5. Then half an hour break. We will then give a whole round of revision till 7:30. We will then leave for college” said a geek. “Dude you forgot the fact that we have to sleep” I said terrified. “What did you think the half an hour break is for?”

"Hey!!! That’s a NO ENTRY, don’t go in that road" I told my friend who was driving the car. “It’s a shame, if I don’t use the road. Let’s see what any Police can do”, he said driving the car into the NO ENTRY road. Thank god no traffic constable took notice of us. “I think we can park it there”, I said looking at an empty parking space, but he drove still farther as though he never heard me. “What are u doing dude, we had lots of parking space there” “I am searching for a NO PARKING zone”

“Machi, where are you?” I asked just to ensure that he had started for the movie. “I have started macha; I will leave my bike at the Rly station, catch a train till guindy, and will then come by bus to the theatre”. He called me again after 15 mins. “Machi I am not coming da” “Why machiii what hpndd?? Where are you?”I asked almost shocked. “I am going home da. I came till the bus stand after parking my bike at the Rly station, and then I got confused. So I am going home.” “What confusion? What happened?” “Please leave me da, I will give money for the tickets. I am confused I can’t come”.

“Can you please enter the marks in the Attendance sheet” “Yes sir.” “Also collect the Examination fees from the students and pay it in the counter.” “Sure sir.” “Between since you guys are in final year you have fill up some form for alumni association, distribute that to students and get it back” “Ok sir””Oh I almost forgot about the farewell, invite all the staffs with an invitation card.””Sure sir”.”Can you manage all this you better take the help of some of your friends””No Problem sir I will do it. No issues”. Satisfied with the commitment the professor left. “What the hell is he thinking? Am I a human or animal?”

“Anna I read your blog, the posts are too good”, said a junior full of enthu. “Dude, don’t lie to me. Most of the people who read it say it’s a mokkai. Even I feel the same at times”.”No Anna they are very interesting. I really liked them. Between anna I wanted to ask you, will houses be available in Bangalore for rent when we come in July Anna?”Ahh, now I know why my blogs were interesting.

“Hey dude, what’s up you look very dull”, I said. “Machi he gave me a cup in Maths III da” “Forget it dude lets go to lunch somewhere” I said trying to comfort him. “I am not worried about the cup da, but the way he behaved. I went to the exam pretty late due to traffic jam da, I pleaded for 15 minutes of extra time. If he had said sorry, I don’t have time, I would have left quietly but the bast*** replied nonchalantly that the Govt. doesn’t pay him for the extra time”

While getting down the stairs one of my friends’ knee cap came out and he collapsed at the place. We all panicked. Since he already had a history of that problem we decided to take him home in an auto, from where we can call his family doctor. “Don’t worry macha things will be alright. I called your dad and told about it. He said he will call the family doctor home. He will be there at home when we reach. Hold the knee cap tightly da.” I said trying to comfort him. “How much did SA hit against India” was the reply.

DISCLAIMER: Unlike my previous posts, this post doesn't have fiction. All of them were true incidences. But the author is not responsible if the readers try to match the characters and found a wrong match. If the characters portrayed resembles people, whom the author "never had in his mind" it is purely co-incidental.


3 comments:

DamselInDistress said...

Awesome collection of anecdotes. wonderful college days come rushing to mind and ya i can relate some of the characters [;)] good burlesque

Unknown said...

getting even better by the day! characters 3,4 n 6 - gummmmu..! guess your ibm colleagues r next in line.. btw who's 1?? god.. he s a geek! :-p

Manivannan said...

@Nithya
Oh that reminds me to include the "DISCLAIMER"... thanks a ton

@Kumaresh
I loved 1,2 and 3 a lot while writing. It's really a pity if you can't identify who the character 1 is...

"getting even better by the day!"
I appreciate that comment a lot...
I am getting mixed reactions abt my blog... some kids who think they have "grown up" tell me that it's getting monotonous