Sunday, May 18, 2008

A midsummer night’s conclave

On an ordinary day we all would have slept after that eventful night. But since it was the last day we will be spending together, we decided to discuss about how life had treated us in the past year.

“How are gals in America machi? Any gal friends?” asked yours truly. “Yeah da one black to my left and another white to my right… are you kidding? They won’t even talk with us…” Ha ha same case here. Though most of the gals in Bangalore look great, I never got a chance to talk with one of them. Well… yours truly is pretty handsome, but still the gal should be insane if she preferred me over the hot male models and other 6 feet northies.

“How are professors in states da...? Do they teach well?” interrupted Niranjan. What the hell is wrong with this guy? He must be definitely insane. Before Kumaresh could answer the nerd I posted my next question…

“Did you go to any pubs? Discotheque?” “There is a dance bar machi only $5 entry, $10 for a lap dance… (Well I don’t like to lose my female readers… so the rest is censored. Please feel free to ping me if you wanna know the entire details).”Voww… gethu da, so how much did you spend that night? $50 eh?” I asked with loads of enthu, hoping that his reply would be the catalyst for my wildest dreams that night. “No no… I dint go to that bar da… I just read about it over the internet” replied Kumaresh. “You travelled 30000 miles spending 50000 bucks to look at the internet over there huh… Useless guy I could have done the same sitting here. Shame on you…” said a dejected Harish. Ok I wasn’t the only guy expecting a catalyst here…

“I enjoyed the life man. Babes and booze always” the kid started. “Like how you drank with Navin yesterday?” I asked. For reader’s knowledge, Bannu had made the same statement to Navin the day before. Navin decided to test it, and had ordered 2 mugs of beer.

“Drink it”

“Hey I drink only American brands dude, not the locals”

“This is Budweiser”

“Ohh ok. But you know the climate change; Chennai weather is not good for a beer”

“It’s raining outside”

“Well… you see I have to go home after this, it won’t be nice if my parents knew that I had been boozing”

“I am home alone we can spend the night at mine… now drink it before I kick your ass”

“Machi you see I am not in the mood da…”

“We all know how pathetic your life had been for the past year... that’s one helluva good reason to drink”

“Well machi, hmmm… machi… I have never drunk da…” at last the truth came out.

“Hey machi I actually don’t drink in public places da that’s why I dint” said Bannu. Niranjan and Harish were already rolling on the floors. All of a sudden Bannu became emotional and asked me in an appealing voice “Well machi, why are gals like this da?” “What do you mean?” “I mean what’s the deal with them?”

There was one thing in life Bannu wasn’t able to succeed and unfortunately it happened to be his most desired. “Why are they, the way they are?” he asked. I was horrified, no... Not on hearing the Kid’s story but the fact that my mobile was ringing. I was not hallucinating… How on earth at this time?

“Hey Hi…”

“So you are awake” Obviously… I don’t think a person can talk while sleeping. “What the hell were you doing?”

“I was…”

“Not even a single phone call… Did you even think about me?”

“Yeah but…”

“Still thinking about the cheerleaders, I guess”

“No… we are…”

“You are hopeless” and then the line went dead.

“You are asking the wrong guy mate” I told Bannu helplessly.

“Hey machi, How is You-Know-Who?” asked Kumaresh.

“How do I know?”

“He is your room-mate da, come on…”

“I live in the next room” I corrected.

“Anyway how’s he what is he doing” asked Kumaresh. For God’s sake how am I supposed to know…? “Is he preparing for Karnataka Board PUC, that’s the only thing he doesn’t know now.” said Niranjan after a deep thought. “Ohh yeah he prepared for GRE, GMAT, CAT and GATE in our final year, ironically he wrote none” said Harish. “You missed TNPCEE dude…” reminded Bannu (TNPCEE is Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination. Any candidate aspiring for BE/MBBS should have given it) “What? Why TNPCEE? We all have already written it” “Well… the Govt had revised the TNPCEE syllabus after we wrote…”

“He was telling me that he was going to the movies alone, why don’t you give him company?” asked Bannu.

“I would rather have my bottom impaled on a giant cactus rather than watching a movie with him”

It was a great night; the good old days were back. We all were chatting till around 4. We wished that the day would never end… But Time thought otherwise.

Disclaimer: The character YOU-KNOW-WHO is absolutely a fiction. If it bears the resemblance of any personality living or dead (or living without a life) it’s purely a co-incidence. And as always the incidences portrayed are not factual, there is an element of fiction added to kindle the interest in the reader.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Romba yositchu, perussssa ezhuthirukka da. make it short :)

ha hahah said...

dude ! awesome stuff ..... keep writing !!!!! :)

harish said...

impressive as always, good job.
Especially these lines good improvisation :).
“Drink it”

“Hey I drink only American brands dude, not the locals”

“This is Budweiser”

“Ohh ok. But you know the climate change; Chennai weather is not good for a beer”

“It’s raining outside”

Manivannan said...

@Wenkat:
yeah I will try to shorten my stories from the next post

@rmd:
thanks a lot dude. that was remunerative

@harish:
"impressive as always"
trust me that sentence means something to me...thanks a ton..

Unknown said...

humorous! Esp the intercepts from njn and the kid drinking beer.. keep going da.. and include more "fictional" characters :)

DamselInDistress said...

Seriously hilarious! when i finally came to the disclaimer. i was laughing out aloud at midnight.
ultiiii [esp if u know who YOU-KNOW-WHO is]

Manivannan said...

@Kumaresh:
Thanks a lot da and yeah i have more "fictional" characters to come

@Nithya:
"seriously hilarious" - I love that oxymoron,wanted to name it as my blog title initially, and now only i am starting to realize that i am deviating very much from what i initially planned to pen down...Have to change my blog title in some time...(ping me if u think of something). It gives me a great sense of satisfaction when you say that you were "laughing at midnight". And the disclaimers are true "DISCLAIMERS"

Ratzzz said...

y do i find a disclaimer in most of the posts, MAni.. btw your blog is equivalent to Boyz Alone night out...

Manivannan said...

@stranger
well the disclaimers are a part of the parody ;)
Please read my latest posts they are not "Boyz Alone night out" type