Sunday, March 8, 2009

A weekend to cherish..

“Tell us a joke”

I told one which I had heard recently. “That is a very old one, Why don’t you tell us a Rajinikant Joke” I am not kidding they asked me this in an IIM interview, that too IIM Bangalore, considered to be the second best B-School in India, asks you a joke so that they can laugh at your expense.

“Sir I am not able to recollect one now”

“That’s ok… your hobby is reading… What do you read? I am sure not THE HINDU and TOI... hahaha”

“Sir I read fiction. Crichton is my favorite, also books by Ludlum, Cook, and also Rowling” I have no clue why I mentioned her name.

“You mean harry potter???” as though I committed a crime on earth “I thought only gals and kids read that”

“Sir... No sir…” I said stuttering.

“So guys lie is it”. Thus the interview went on, with me playing the laughter stock for the panel. Well not entirely I too laughed with them… but mostly it was I who was laughed at.

After almost screwing up a dream come true offer, I started preparing for my IIM Indore interview, which was a couple of days away.

At times I wondered why each IIM has to conduct a separate interview than a common one. The agonizing part of organizing oneself wearing formals with a tie (That’s the worst thing that can happen to humans) starts again. I went to IIM B once more to attend my IIM I interview.

As usual the GD went fine and I again screwed my Personal Interview when a baldy started asking about security in TCP/IP. The interview never moved beyond that question. I came out with a relief similar to what a batsman would have had after not being able to score having played 30 balls while his partner is blasting at the other end. The peculiar thing is these IIM profs know everything under the sun. For the guy who went before me for the interview they asked about Data Compression algorithms and went deep into Huffman Coding.

After yet another screw up I went straight to forum. I ate to the fullest of my body. An egg briyani, a medium sized veg pizza, a veg tawa Frankie and ended it with a 500 ml coke. On the way home I was tempted by a pani-puri shop and had a couple of plates. When I reached my place I got a bigger size dairymilk and emptied that in a minute. Somewhere I read that Chocolates lessen your depression.

I reached home by 6 and after attending a couple of “YOU-DIDN’T-SCREW-YOUR-INTERVIEW” calls watched a movie. Then I slept. I slept till 3pm next day, replying to few sms in my sleep…I dunno whether I slept in agony or in relief. I went on and on sleeping only to be woken up by a headache. I get these heavy headaches when I am very hungry. Weird I didn't have a stomach ache. Went to the nearest bakery and ate loads of junk food. Came home watched a couple of other movies. Then again I slept to wake up only at 12 noon on Sunday.

Voww this is the best weekend I have ever had in my life. I have dreamt for such a weekend for many months. I cherished every moment of it… well I mean the moments I was not awake. Wish I could do this all my life.

4 comments:

Ratzzz said...

Really... seems u have gone high on Gluttony...

i suck at personal interviews.. and have given only one so far.. i was spared of the horror as i got selected in that one.. :P

Vandana Shenoy said...

An egg briyani, a medium sized veg pizza, a veg tawa Frankie and ended it with a 500 ml coke.

What are you boss !!!

Anonymous said...

enna da hotel waiter menu solra madiri solra.. innum indha kaetta pazhakatha vidalaya nee???..

anyways good luck with the interview results

Manivannan said...

@Rat
lucky u.. I repeatedly get blasted in these IIM interviews

@Vandana
hehe. I am seriously considering to put EATING as a hobby in my resume

@Viva
Can't stop it machi.. anyway I don't have appendix now.. so can afford to eat even more..
thanks for the interviews